Scaled Agile Framework
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) helps companies to solve the difficult tasks of research and provision of software and systems of the collective class in the shortest possible time. Probably freely disclosed Internet-based proven models of success for people who are creating important software and systems in the world. SAFe synchronizes alignment, collaboration, and delivery for several Agile teams. Scalable and customizable SAFe allows any organization to adapt it to its own business needs. He supports decisions of the smallest scale, in which 50 to 125 traders operate, and still difficult systems that require thousands of people. In a broad combination of knowledge, SAFe outlines the roles, duties, artifacts, and actions needed to implement the Lean-Agile formation. On the SAFe website, there is an interactive Big Picture video graphics, which provides a visual illusion of the Framework and is considered the main user interface to the knowledge warehouse. Any image sign is allowed to flip, offering access to a note on this topic, as well as hyperlinks to appropriate information.
Why do you need to Change?
Think about the performance and structure of your enterprise. Clearly, comprehend what you SAFe for.
As a rule, there are 2 types of organizations that are looking for ways for recovery:
1. A large organization in which processes are more closely related. Modification of the existing process is necessary to satisfy the rapidly changing needs of a competitive bazaar, and an automatic supply chain is probably a dangerous speck.
2. Companies that are soon growing and have every chance to emerge as an undertaking. They do not understand or do not have any instructions to continue their operations around the world. They are still not convinced of their actual strategy in the field of integrated management and management.
It is very important to understand that SAFe is considered to be integral. Probably a different combination of deeds and practices that characterize how quickly to scale an elastic company. Before you read, how to change in SAFe, think about it in principle and understand why you need to take SAFe. What would you like to change on your own initiative? Does SAFe really help you succeed?
Three primary keys to implementing flow are to:
1. Visualize and limit the amount of work-in-process so as to limit demand to actual capacity
2. Reduce the batch sizes of work items to facilitate reliable flow through the system, and
3. Manage queue lengths so as to reduce the wait times for new capabilities.
Scaled Agile Framework attempts to connect different lessons from the Lean and Agile methodologies to the main points of view, which are then used to significantly improve the time of entry into the market, the role of employees, the quality, and productivity.
Program level is another major theory within the SAFe framework. Easier talking, a program degree - probably in what place the teams of developers and other resources are used to a principled, immutable mission of becoming. Most of the values of programs, such as teams, roles and deeds, revolve around a particular ART, providing an invariable flow of incremental, generating importance releases.
SAFe defines three levels within the organization:
1. Portfolio Level: Focuses on the Portfolio Vision, creating Investment Themes with assigned funding, and makes use of Kanban. Epics are also devised at this level, which contain significant initiatives to help guide value streams toward the larger portfolio goals.
2. Program Level: As we discussed earlier, Program Level focuses on specific business value streams. One key aspect of Program Level is the process of breaking down Epics into smaller features that form the Program Backlog.
3. Team Level: At the Team Level, features from the Program Level are broken down further into Stories, forming the Team Backlog. Scrum is then utilized, over the course of typical iteration lengths (2 weeks), to complete the features of Stories.
SAFe focuses on four fundamental, core values:
- Alignment: Fundamentally, global focus is more valuable than local focus. Individuals on a SAFe team should value the team’s goals above personal tasks and responsibilities. Extending off that, members of Agile Release Trains should emphasize vision and program objectives over team goals. ARTs should focus on Value Stream objectives over ART objectives. Value Streams focus on value contributions toward the business portfolio. Finally, Management should focus on establishing a mission, but should do so with as few constraints as possible.
- Built-in Quality: SAFe contains a number of built-in quality practices to help ensure that every element, within each incremental build, is up to the same high standard of quality.
- Transparency: Large-scale development is a challenge. Transparency establishes trust throughout the project by sharing facts and progress openly across all levels. This extra level of trust enables decentralized decision-making and additional employee empowerment.
- Program Execution: Each Agile Release Train should predictably generate value. The Program Level within SAFe provides responsibilities and guidance to various member roles within ARTs, to assist with the generation of value.
Agile Release Trains
Agile Release Train, or ART, is considered the basic concept in a scalable elastic texture. ART is considered the main way to deliver SAFe values. Agile Teams is a small category of people aimed at identifying, creating and testing solutions in a short time. ART is probably a self-organizing, long-lived category of Agile Teams (team of teams, if you wish), whose goal is overall planning, provision and execution of decisions. Cut down by the main streams of these for the organization, the Agile Release Train is only for supplying the promised value with the route of creating interesting solutions for the customer.
Using tools like a common Vision, Roadmap, and Program Backlog, and ARTaims to complete goals within a specific period of time, known in SAFe as Program Increments (e.g. a 10 week period).
Large Solution SAFe
The SAFe configuration for a huge solution is specialized for researching the largest and most difficult solutions, which traditionally require some of Agile's and Agents' promoted travel, but do not strongly ask for a review at the level of the knapsack. Probably the usual action for such sectors of the economy as aerospace and defense industry, auto industry and management, in which place the main conclusion is not the management of the knapsack. The organizational design of the decision solution "Great Degree of Solutions" helps companies to solve the most difficult tasks - to create large-scale, multi-program, hardware and difficult IT systems. To create these solutions, you will need additional roles, artifacts, actions and coordination. Perhaps this configuration is not necessary for companies that build in a significant degree independent systems or those that have all the chances to exist built with the support of several hundred traders.